Taking the Agile Manifesto and Principles as inspiration, this is the Manifesto and set of Principles that I use to as my ‘north’ when racing. They are written and shared here so that anyone (including potential sponsors) can see them and also so that any competitors and team mates I might have can call me out and hold me to account when I am not living them.
My Racing Manifesto
I am uncovering better ways of racing by doing it and helping others do it. Through this I have come to value:
- Constant improvements over steady performance
- Enjoying myself over having a second job
- Celebrating my successes over dwelling on failures
- Clean driving over contact
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, I value the items on the left more.
My Racing Principles
I follow these principles:
- My highest priority is to continually improve my driving.
- Improvements are not subjective, they are measured by empirical evidence.
- Following each race meeting I reflect on how to become a better racer and adjust my driving accordingly.
- My racing is sustainable – it is not paid for out of the family budget.
- There is always a quicker way for me to get around each track I race on
- My body and my mind are be in the best condition I can get them for racing
- I respect other competitors on and off the track. I race others as I would like to be raced.
- I avoid contact and give back positions that were unfairly gained.
- I am the best version of myself at the track and online